How to Make Raw Chocolate Chip Cookies
Who doesn’t love a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie? But for those who follow a vegan or raw food diet, finding a recipe that fits their dietary restrictions can be a challenge. Fortunately, it’s possible to enjoy this classic treat without compromising your lifestyle. In this post, we’ll show you how to make raw vegan chocolate chip cookies that are healthy, delicious, and easy to make.
Why Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Raw vegan chocolate chip cookies are a guilt-free treat that you can enjoy anytime. Unlike traditional cookies, which are loaded with sugar, butter, and flour, these cookies are made with wholesome ingredients that are good for your body. They are also gluten-free, dairy-free, and free from refined sugars. So if you’re looking for a healthier version of your favorite dessert, these cookies are the perfect choice.
Read more: Why Did My Raw Chocolate Separate?
To make raw vegan chocolate chip cookies, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Mix well until the dough is smooth and uniform.
Fold in the chocolate chips and mix until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
Read more: How to Make Raw Chocolate Brownies
Using a cookie scoop or spoon, portion out the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Flatten each ball slightly with the palm of your hand to create a cookie shape.
Place the cookies in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
Serve and enjoy!
Tips for Making Yummy Cookies
- Use high-quality almond flour for the best texture and flavor.
- Make sure your coconut oil is melted before adding it to the dough.
- If you don’t have maple syrup, you can substitute it with another liquid sweetener, such as honey or agave nectar.
- Be sure to chill the cookies before serving to allow them to firm up.
Once you’ve mastered the basic recipe, you can get creative with your cookie variations. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Raw Cookie Dough: Skip the chocolate chips and roll the dough into small balls for a delicious raw cookie dough treat.
- Shortbread Cookies: Replace the chocolate chips with chopped nuts and add a dash of cinnamon for a festive shortbread cookie.
- Gluten-Free Cookies: Use gluten-free oats instead of almond flour for a gluten-free version of the recipe.
Raw vegan chocolate chip cookies are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional cookies. They are easy to make, require minimal ingredients, and are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Whether you’re a vegan, raw food enthusiast, or just looking for a healthier treat, give these cookies a try and you won’t be disappointed.