Are you looking for a natural way to boost your gut health? Look no further than raw honey! Not only is it a delicious and nutritious sweetener, but it also contains beneficial probiotics that can help support a healthy digestive system. In this post, we’ll explore how raw honey works as a probiotic and the many benefits it offers for gut health.
The Science Behind Raw Honey’s Probiotic Properties
Raw honey is made by bees from the nectar of flowers. Unlike processed honey, which has been heated and filtered to remove impurities, raw honey retains all of its natural enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and living bacteria.
One of these bacteria strains is lactobacillus kunkeei. This specific strain of bacteria has been shown to have potent antimicrobial properties against harmful bacteria like E.coli and Salmonella. Additionally, studies have found that lactobacillus kunkeei can help improve digestion by increasing levels of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
Another bacterial strain commonly found in raw honey is bifidobacteria. This type of bacteria has been linked to numerous health benefits such as reducing inflammation in the colon and improving overall immune function.
Benefits Of Raw Honey For Gut Health
1) Promotes Digestive Health: The live enzymes present in raw honey act as prebiotics – a food source that promotes the growth of good gut flora which aids digestion.
2) Reduces Inflammation: One study showed that consuming 1-2 tablespoons daily reduced colonic inflammation significantly within six weeks!
3) Supports Immune System : With over 70% percent our immune system located in our intestines; incorporating an effective pre & pro-biotics strategy can provide great results with immunity too!
4) Soothes Sore Throats: When consumed or applied topically on sore throat areas; Raw Honey helps soothe and calm irritation quickly.
5) Fights Harmful Bacteria: Raw honey’s antibacterial properties also help to fight off harmful bacteria in the digestive system, which can lead to infections and other health issues.
How To Incorporate Raw Honey Into Your Diet
Adding raw honey to your diet is easy. You can use it as a sweetener for tea or coffee, drizzle it over oatmeal or yogurt, add it into smoothies or juices; you can even use it as a natural cough syrup!
It’s important to note that not all honey sold in stores is raw. Look for labels that say “raw” or “unpasteurized” on them – this will ensure that you get all of the beneficial probiotics and nutrients present in unprocessed honey.
In conclusion, incorporating raw honey into our diets can be an effective way to support gut health naturally. As with any dietary supplement, make sure to consult with your healthcare provider before starting any new regimen.