Raw Lavender Honey
Raw honey is a staple in the diets of many health-conscious individuals, but have you ever heard of raw lavender honey? This unique variety of honey offers not only a delicious flavor but also an array of potential health benefits. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at what makes raw lavender honey so special and why you should consider adding it to your diet.
What is Raw Lavender Honey?
Raw lavender honey is made by bees that collect nectar from the flowers on lavender plants. The resulting honey has a distinct floral aroma and flavor that sets it apart from other types of raw honey. Because it’s raw, meaning it hasn’t been heated or pasteurized, all of its natural enzymes and nutrients remain intact.
Read more: Raw Clover Honey
Health Benefits of Raw Lavender Honey
Like other types of raw honey, raw lavender honey contains numerous potential health benefits. Here are just a few:
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Raw lavender honey contains antioxidants like flavonoids that can help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Antibacterial properties: The antibacterial properties found in raw lavender honeys may help fight off harmful bacteria both within the body and topically when applied to wounds or skin irritations.
- Soothes sore throats: Many people use raw lavender honeys as part of their home remedies for coughs and sore throats due to its potential soothing effects.
- Rich source vitamins & minerals: As with most varieties or unprocessed honeys, Raw Lavender Honey comes packed with essential vitamins such as Vitamin C, B6 & Thiamine alongside important minerals such as Calcium & Magnesium which could contribute towards maintaining healthy bones among various other things.
How to Use Raw Lavender Honey
There are countless ways to incorporate this delicious and nutritious ingredient into your diet! Here are just a few ideas:
- Add it to your morning tea or coffee for a sweet and soothing start to your day.
- Drizzle over yogurt, oatmeal, or granola for added flavor and nutrients.
- Use it as a natural sweetener in baking recipes like cakes, cookies, and muffins. It pairs particularly well with lemon and vanilla flavors!
- For those feeling adventurous, try making some homemade lavender honey ice cream that is sure to leave you amazed.
Where to Find Raw Lavender Honey
Raw lavender honey can be challenging to find at traditional grocery stores. However, look for health food stores nearby as they are more likely stock such alternative products. Farmers’ markets might also have vendors selling raw lavender honeys from time-to-time.
Read more: Raw Sourwood Honey
Alternatively one could always consider obtaining fresh unprocessed Lavender flower stems online from sites like Amazon & eBay which could then be used in conjunction with locally purchased raw honey producing the same result.
Overall raw lavender honey is an excellent addition into a healthy diet plan offering not only its unique flavour but providing abundant vitamins & minerals whilst contributing towards better overall health through its antibacterial properties known to fight off harmful bacteria within the body naturally.
So why not give this delicious ingredient a try? Not only will it add an exciting new flavor profile to your meals but it may just offer several potential health benefits too!