Raw Tortillas Recipe
Are you tired of buying store-bought tortillas that are lacking in quality? Look no further! In this post, we will guide you through an easy and delicious raw tortillas recipe that will make you wonder why you ever settled for anything less.
Why Make Homemade Tortillas?
There are several reasons why making tortillas at home is a great choice. For one, you have control over the ingredients used, ensuring that your tortillas are free from any unwanted additives. Additionally, homemade tortillas are fresher and have a much better texture and taste than store-bought ones. Plus, making your own tortillas is a fun and satisfying experience!
Read more: Raw Groundnut Recipes
Tips to Make Delicious Homemade Tortillas
To ensure that your homemade tortillas come out perfectly every time, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Use high-quality ingredients, such as organic masa harina and filtered water.
- Knead the dough thoroughly to develop the gluten and create a smooth texture.
- Rest the dough for at least 30 minutes to allow the masa to hydrate fully.
- Cook the tortillas on a hot skillet, flipping them frequently to avoid burning.
Raw Tortillas Recipe
Now, let’s dive into the recipe!
- 2 cups organic masa harina
- 1 1/4 cups filtered water
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the masa harina and sea salt.
- Gradually add the filtered water, stirring with your hands until the dough comes together.
- Knead the dough on a clean surface for 5-7 minutes or until it is smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll each one into a ball.
- Flatten each ball between two sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Cook the tortillas in the skillet for about 30 seconds on each side or until they are cooked through.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Common Mistakes to Avoid
While making homemade tortillas is a straightforward process, there are some mistakes that you should avoid to ensure the best results:
Read more: Raw Quinoa Recipes
- Adding too much or too little water can make the dough too dry or too wet, respectively.
- Not kneading the dough enough can result in a crumbly texture.
- Not letting the dough rest can make the tortillas tough and hard to roll out.
- Overcooking the tortillas can make them dry and brittle.
Making your own tortillas is a simple and rewarding process that yields delicious results. With this raw tortillas recipe, you can enjoy fresh and flavorful tortillas that are free from any unwanted additives. Whether you’re using them for tacos, burritos, or just snacking on some homemade tortilla chips, you won’t be disappointed with this recipe. Try it out for yourself and see!