Simple Raw Candy Recipes
Have you ever tried making your own candy at home? It may seem daunting, but making homemade rock candy is actually quite easy and fun! Plus, by using raw ingredients, you can indulge in a sweet treat that is also good for your body.
Ingredients for Raw Rock Candy
To make your own raw rock candy, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of raw cane sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Food coloring (optional)
- Wooden skewers or string
- Glass jar
The Process of Making Raw Rock Candy
- In a saucepan, heat the water until boiling.
- Gradually add the raw cane sugar, stirring constantly until dissolved.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Pour the mixture into a glass jar, and tie a wooden skewer or string to the top of the jar, making sure the skewer or string is not touching the bottom of the jar.
- Allow the jar to sit in a warm and dry place for several days. As the days go by, crystals will form on the skewer or string, creating the rock candy.
- Once the crystals have formed to your desired size, remove the skewer or string from the jar.
Tips for Making Raw Rock Candy
- Be patient. The process of making rock candy can take several days, so make sure to plan accordingly.
- If the crystals do not seem to be forming, try adding more sugar to the mixture.
- You can experiment with different flavors by adding extracts or essential oils to the mixture.
By following these simple steps, you can create your own homemade raw rock candy. Not only is it a fun activity to do with friends and family, but it also allows you to indulge your sweet tooth in a healthier way. So, what are you waiting for? Give it a try!